Resources for Software and Systems Architects
Architects Architecting Architecture
Software architecture is getting a lot of attention. Is it just the silver bullet du jour? We think not. It surely is critical to today's business success, yet it requires technical, business and organizational talents and skills that warrant their own path of career development, education, and research.
This site organizes a variety of resources to help enterprise architects and software architects deepen and expand their understanding of architecture and the role of the architect.
The Discipline of Architecture
- What is software architecture?
- How do I create an architecture?
- Who is right for the architect role?
- Why should we pay attention to architecture?
- Where does architecture fit in development?
- Chicago-Schaumburg, IL, March 29-April 1, 2016
- Chicago, IL, April 4-7, 2016
Architectural Leadership and Other Skills:
- Chicago-Schaumburg, IL, February 2-5, 2016
- Ruth Malan presented a workshop titled Parkour for architects: a requisite variety workout and a presentation titled Design Visualization: Smoke and Mirrors at the Software Architect Conference in London in October, 2015. Here are annotated slides from her talk. Also in .pdf Design Visualization: Part I and on Slideshare.
- "The Art of Change: Fractal and Emergent," by Ruth Malan and Dana Bredemeyer, Cutter Consortium Enterprise Architecture Executive Report, Vol. 13, No. 5, 2010. See synopsis.
- A paper on innovation and agile architecture by Ruth Malan and Dana Bredemeyer, titled "'Getting Past "But...": Finding Opportunity and Making It Happen.' Cutter Consortium's August 2008 Enterprise Architecture Executive Report. See synopsis.
- Ruth Malan and Dana Bredemeyer, "Enterprise Architecture as Strategic Differentiator," Enterprise Architecture Executive Report, Cutter Consortium, June 2005.
- Dana Bredemeyer and Ruth Malan, What it Takes to be a Great Enterprise Architect, Executive Report, August 2004.
This report is also useful for solution or platform architects, as well as software architects.
- Earlier version of the Software Architecture Action Guide book. See Table of Contents to download drafts of chapters.
Copyright © 1999-2015 by Bredemeyer Consulting
Page Created: November 1999
Last Updated: November 16, 2015